Saturday, February 21, 2009

Very Productive Day!!!!




Hello all, I am back tonight. Today was very productive and we had some nice visitors stopping by and helping out. After a quick breakfast, Amanda and I got to work, cleanin the kitchen and laying out tar paper. Soon after, the Lacouture Crew showed up and we were back at the floor.

Amanda and her mother Ruth were back to the painting and FINALLY the "blue room" and the "Red Room" are no longer and are now the Office and Guest room with neutral colors!!!!!

We had some help today from my parents, they showed up with tools and work clothes, ready to help out. We had an important job for my dad, the shower doors. We HATED these shower doors, they were ugly and i felt made it feel claustrophobic in the shower, (not that I've showered there, but i went in to test it out. After the doors came out, he installed a new curved shower rod, which will be sooo nice!!!


My mom was very busy painting the closet doors. We have lots of doors so this was a big help! She brought us some traditions for a new home, something Sweet/Sugar (Wicked good cake, salt, and bread.

We were also delighted to have a gift from my grandparents, two mezuzahs. Mezuzahs are nailed to the door frames. (click the link to learn more!!)


After a tasty lunch and yummy cake, we were back to work. While I'm on the subject of lunch, a little history. See the first day we lived in Blackstone and I was installing some AC's I was hungry and needed a quick bite to eat, I ventured to "downtown blackstone" and found TKO Pizza and had a chicken finger meal. MmM TASTY!! This has become our favorite pizza place and I have become good friends with the owner. Now that we were moving I got sad that we would be leaving TKO behind, but not to worry!!!! When I told the owner where we were moving he said, "Not a problem!!! My brother in law owns a pizza place right down the street, Niko's Pizza" So, now we have been saved and have a new pizza place, keepin it in the family.

So back to the floor we went we got quite far, even some boards into the kitchen We made some great progress!!

We had some visitors stop by throughout the day, The Rankins family and Jill and Travis. But we quickly learned the house right now is not "Kid Friendly" Many things to get into, lots of loud noises and tons of sharp tools to play with.






My dad installed a light fixture in the office, and after trying a few wires, he found the right one that worked with the light switch!





At the end of the day, we admired our work. Thanks to everyone who help or stopped by, Tom, Ruth, the Levy's the Rankins, Rob and my Parents.




----------------------------

on a side note, after working all day, we met up with my parents once again, along with eric & Connie and Connie's Mother and Sister at a nice chinese restaurant on Federal Hill in Providence. The food was great and they also made little birds out of carrots and potatos as decoration for the dishes!!
----------------------

IMPORTANT SCEDULING NOTICE

Now that vacation week has Ended for Amanda and her dad, work won't be going as fast as it had been. We will be going to the house when we can and posting on the blog as things progressl.

Stay tuned!!!

1 comment:

  1. Im so glad that icky light in the office is gone... YUCK! It looks like your day was VERY buisy. Everything looks so good!!!! I can't believe it's only been a week.

    ReplyDelete