Friday, February 20, 2009

Guest Blogger - Amanda



Today's blog will be written by our most favorite guest blogger - Amanda!!

-------------------------------
Hi everyone! I am so honored to be the guest blogger tonight. I know that you all were holding your breath in suspense and have been checking the blog religiously to see who the "mystery person" was. HaHa.

Anyway, today was another productive day at the house (but what day this week hasn't been productive?). I got to the house early, even before Dad and began fixing the walls in the master bedroom where I missed a few spots yesterday due to my exhaustion. Dad arrived about 8am with his buddy Bob to get started on the floors. I swear Dad and Bob were like two little boys laughing and teasing each other all day. I felt like I was back at work!

Through of the all the giggles and stabs at each other they did a great job. They got into the groove and started moving along quite fast. When I finished the master, I began working on getting some paint in the other two bedrooms. Mom arrived about noon with lunch from Annie's Market, THANKS MOM! Then she and I finished painting what we refer to as "the red room" which will soon be our office. It's going to need another coat, but it was a start.

Mom and I then tackled the stove/oven. It was DISGUSTING. I still sometimes look at what was a pretty dirty house to my standards and think "people actually live like this?" Thank goodness for Lysol cleaning products!

About 3pm Dad and Bob finished the flooring in the living room and we all decided to call it a day. The living room looks great. From ugly green rugs to beautiful hardwood in one week ... we are making progress.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the highlight of my night ...

Sean and I ventured out for some dinner at Restaurant 45, one of my favorites and then headed out to Lowe's. Sean and I decided it was time to buy what appliances we needed. We got a new fridge and ... a Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer. We saw this on a recent episode of Jon and Kate Plus 8 and I fell in love! After talking with the nice man, Joe, in appliances he educated us enough to know that we definitely wanted front load washer and dryer so the Duet it was. The fridge and washer/dryer will be delivered next Sunday! I can't wait to move in and do some laundry (who would have that I would ever say THAT!)

Tomorrow we will be continuing with the floors and painting the other two bedrooms. We are also expecting lots of visitors throughout the day so we look forward to seeing you all.

Until next time ....

p.s. Be sure to leave us some comments. We have heard many of you are following our progress and we are curious to see who you are ...

5 comments:

  1. Great Job mystery guest blogger!! You have done lots of great work and I have been soo proud of you and your painting skills!!! -Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the mystery Blogger!! The house is looking AMAZING. I come home every night looking forward to reading this blog. It makes me feel like such a close part of your new home!! Love you guys! Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are doing such a great job! I'm glad to hear I have Jon and Kate lovers in my family. I love reading about your progress and look forward to reading more. Love and miss you both!


    Corrin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this house is certainly coming together really quick- I'm real impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the guest blogger did a great job!!!! The house looks fantastic and you are really working hard. You must be pleased with all the help you have gotten from friends and family. In no time at all you will be moving in.

    MOM

    ReplyDelete