Thursday, February 19, 2009

FLOOR DAY!!!


Got to the house early today, took a day off from work, to well...work. But this is a different type of work. When I arrived, I noticed a much deeper snow accumulation than at our apartment in Blackstone, so I decided it was a perfect time to test out the snowthrower!! There was just about enough snow to use it, and it worked quite well. We also received our trash bins and recycling bins today.

Amanda was hard at work painting the master bedroom. Now Amanda had been suffering from a slight cold and hasn't felt quite 100% all week. With that being said, she has work very hard and has been determined to not let it stop her. So now that it is Thursday, a week from the closing and lots of work, her body was catching up to her. She was getting tired and she was allowed to. And, unfortunately it showed a little in her painting. She got the master bedroom done, but.....it needs a little touch up towards the end of her painting today. At around lunch time, she called it a day and headed home to let Tom and I work. She headed home for so much need relaxation and rest.

In the meantime, Tom and I trimmed the molding in the living room, notched out the first few board to fit around the baseboard heaters. We top nailed the first few boards in place and then it was home free from there. We lined them up, tapped them in and brought out what I like to call, "The Monster" gun. One tap of this pneumatic device and the nail went in, luckily it hasn't gone through my boots yet.

I did have one slight mishap today while putting down the floor. I noticed after a while that the boards just didn't feel right and things were wobbly and not staying in place. What I did not realize was, I did not have an endless supply of nails in the gun, I HAD "NAILED" 3 ROWS WITH NO NAILS.....arrgh So after realizing this, we had to go back, pull up those rows and re-nail them all into place. Oh well, now we know to check and make sure we have enough nails (well actually they are huge staples) in the gun


-------------------
On a side note, It is nice to see that people are actually reading this blog and I hope I bring some enjoyment into your lives and you enjoy seeing our progress. Please feel free to comment and leave your words of wisdom.

And to jsut think, one week ago to was the closing and we stopped by the house where there was....Ugly green carpeting all upstairs, holes in the wall, ugly eggshell molding and doors, dark red and dark blue walls, linoleum in the kitchen, faucets that leaked. Alot has been done in the past week and Amanda and I want to be sure to thank everyone that has helped us so far.

We look forward to 4th of July at the house with all of our friends and family. Mark the calendars, if you are reading this, you are invited (well unless you came accross this blog randomly and you have no idea who I am)

have a good night. Tomorrow we will have a mystery guest blogger to fill you in on the details of the day since I will be at work all day!

Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment